Frequently Asked Questions
Is Virtual Education right for your student?
If your student can say yes to these statements, then virtual school may be right for your student:
- Taking into consideration my personal, academic work, responsibilities and extracurricular activities (clubs, sports, etc.), I will be able to devote as much or more time to my online class, as I do my traditional studies.
- I am comfortable using the internet as a means of communication and research.
- I own or have access to a computer with internet access and email.
- I am able to learn and apply new software applications.
- I am able to prioritize tasks, organize assignments, and complete assigned work within a deadline.
- My reading, writing and communication skills are at or above my grade level.
- I am able to learn when I read directions just as well as when I listen to lectures or when I am given verbal explanations.
Are there requirements to enroll as a Lake County Virtual School student?
Yes, please contact our main office to receive more detailed information if you are planning to explore virtual education options for your student(s). Our phone number is 352-483-4260 or email us at LakeVirtual@lake.k12.fl.us